Thursday, July 17, 2008

It broke again...

Hey all!

I am hearing aid free for a few days! I am still trying to decide if this is good or not. I like not wearing them and that scares me a little. Every time I adjust to something, something else changes. I had just adjusted to wearing them again and then the right one broke. Still not sure exactly what caused it to break though. On Monday the battery in the left aid died and I was about to go to a meeting in an building very close to my audiologists. I had no batteries on me so I ran to her office to buy some I bought a pack and because it is me she wanted to change the battery and test the aid before I left just in case it was more than just a dead battery. My audiologist took both aids and changed the batteries and all was fine so I left. At my meeting my right aid started turning on and off again. I changed the battery again but it kept happening. I dealt with it for a day then went to her office but she wasn't there so the receptionist made me an appointment for this morning. I don't know exactly what is wrong but it was something with the battery door. She sent it in today so hopefully I will have it back early next week. My theory is that she broke it when she changed the battery. She didn't refute it so we are going with that! LOL.

She didn't have a loaner Naida for me which means I can't use any aids until the other one is back. Since they are so loud I need to have both or I feel off balance and can't really walk in a straight line. One of my jobs requires that I have my hearing aids on, so she gave me another loaner aid so I have something to put on and make it look like I am using my aids. Basically I have them on but there aren't any batteries in them. It makes the appropriate people happy and that is all that matters. I aim to please.

I went in this morning planning to be there for 30 minutes max and I ended up being there for an hour and ten minutes! We just got talking about a lot of stuff which was good because it was a lot of stuff that needed to be talked about. A little about past things, a little about the future. I think one of the things that I really respect about this audiologist is that I can be honest with her and she doesn't mind. I think we have a really good ongoing communication that allows for honesty on both ends and I trust her 100%. I really don't know how I could have done all of this without her. Now, 5 months ago I would have said something different but she has earned my respect and trust. I even like her which is more than I can say for any other medical professional in my life at the moment.

What else is new in the world of my ears? OH! This isn't really ears but well, kinda. Anyway, I have a few V-Logs that I want to get around to posting on here. Mostly just ranting about some stuff but still I would like to get them up. Now that it is written here I will have too!

I have to go to bed though!

Jenny

No comments: