Saturday, July 12, 2008

Long Time, No Post!

Hey all,

I realise I haven't written in a long time. I have been very busy with work, friends, life, and of course - my ears.

Since the last time I wrote my audiologist was able to fix the off/on problem. It was a frimware problem that she was able to update and it has been much less frustrating since that has been fixed. My hearing has also changed again. I don't know the exact numbers now but I can say that my right ear more or less matches my left ear. As a result of the drop my audiologist adjusted my hearing aids and I started having an uneven feeling. I also hated the way everything sounded after she adjusted them and it was much harder to speech read as I had adjusted to having sound to support me. As a result, I stopped wearing my hearing aids. It had been about a week since I had stopped wearing them and I went back to see my audiologist to have new impressions taken for yet another set of earmoulds, and she adjusted them again. Since the new adjustment I can tolerate the hearing aids again. She made them a bit quieter and adjusted something else and I like it better. I told her to slowly adjust the volume back up to where it is supposed to be for my loss and hopefully I will be able to adjust if it happens slowly.

I have become a lot more shy about using my voice since the last drop too. I think I sound different, though everyone else has told me I don't. Regardless, I am nervouse to use my voice. When I was at my audiologists last week she said she was going to search out an SLP for me. She said that once before and forgot. Maybe she will forget again. She said it would be good to get on a waitlist so that I can start in the fall. I don't know about it though, I hate SLP's. When I mentioned that to her she reminded me I used to hate audiologists, but I like her. I don't think I like having an audiologist that knows me! Hehehe. I don't know - maybe it will be good and I will get over my fear of speaking. Who knows.

That is all I have time for right now!

Jenny

No comments: