Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And then there was the day I signed up for ASL...

Hey all!

Today I went to George Brown College and signed up for beginner ASL. I have a feeling the course is going to be a breeze for me because I already know a fair amount of ASL but I am looking forward to being in a completely ASL environment at least once a week. I am yearning for any kind of Deaf culture. Just knowing that the instructor is Deaf makes me excited to go to the class. I need to be around other Deaf people. This should be a good experience and if nothing else get me a little more networked in the Deaf community here! Yay! I am excited!

I was also surprised at how many students I saw wearing hearing aids and/or signing at the school. I can't wait until my class starts! One week tomorrow!

-Jenny

No comments: