Tuesday, April 1, 2008

And then there was more waiting...

Hey everyone!

Well good news, and not so good news. The not so good news is that I now don't get the hearing aids until the end of the week. The good news is that I got to try them for about 15 minutes yesterday and I heard my audiologist speak! It was awesome! That being said I couldn't tell what she was saying without speech reading too. It was just sound, it wasn't speech. Everything sounded really muffled, and mumbly. But hey! I heard something! Both the Phonak rep that was there, and my audiologist said that my ability to understand the sound should improve with time and practice.

My audiologist also took impressions for new earmolds. I am really hoping that there is a more hypo-allergenic soft material that we can use because I really don't want hard molds. They are uncomfortable, or at least I think so.

Why can't I just have fully functioning ears? If they can't hear things for me the least they could do is not be allergic to things trying to help me. That would be simple though, and it is me that we are talking about. Anyway, I am anxiously awaiting the end of the week! I want these new hearing aids!

-Jenny

No comments: