Saturday, April 12, 2008

And the waiting continues....

Hey all,

Last week I emailed my audiologist to see what was up with the Naidas. I was getting very anxious to get them because their success or failure will dictate my choices for Univeristy next year. My audiologist emailed me back saying that though she had the aids in her office, the new earmolds weren't there yet. She said that she called the person making the molds who said that he would get them to her on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. With my recent luck this means I should hopefully get them by next Friday. Pardon my pessemism.

In other news I have started ASL classes. I am taking a beginner class because it was all that was available. That being said I am also exhausted by the end of the school day and I don't think I could honestly keep up with learning anything by that time of night. I am really enjoying the class though! It is easy yes, but the teacher is great and I am learning stuff from signing with her. It is great to be in a situation when I don't need to talk or speech read for 3 hours once a week. For once communication is equal for me and hearing people. It is wonderful!

I guess my recent happiness relating to ASL class, evens out my recent despaire regarding my hearing aids. Hopefully I will get them soon!

-Jenny

No comments: