Saturday, April 26, 2008

And then I was sick...

Hey all,

The good news is that last week my audiologist gave me a temporary earmold for me to use while I was waiting for a new one. The bad news is that I got a very bad ear infection so I couldn't use my hearing aids anyway. Thankfully the ear infection is cleared up now, but in it's place I now have a tonsil infection. I also had an allergic reaction to the amoxacillin that the doctor gave me. I have never been allergic to it in the past. It kind of sucks that I am now allergic to penacillin based anti-biotics because I am also allergic to sulfa based anti-biotics. Having allergies to both sulfa and penacillin bascially ensures me having to pay a lot for anti-biotics because I can't use any of the common ones. It goes nicely with my luck.

I get my new earmold this Wednesday and it is also my follow up appointment for the Naidas. I don't think there are many adjustments to be made which is nice. I do need to discuss some stuff with my audiologist though. School is getting harder, I don't know how much longer I can pretend that I can follow along. I don't know how much longer I can fake my way through the conversations and the academic settings. It is hard, I get tired, and I don't know how much longer I can pretend that I understand everything. My audiologist is aware of the problems with school and said she wants to talk about it when I go in on Wednesday. Hopefully she will have some ideas or answers for me.

Even with the frustration I am still holding my ground on the cochlear implant choice. It isn't going to happen, as least now. Maybe in the far off future I would consider but right now, not a chance.

Anyway I am sick, and want to sleep. I will update after my appointment on Wednesday.

-Jenny

No comments: