Monday, April 14, 2008

And then there was one more day...

Hi all,

Well, one more day went by in my life without hearing aids. I did get an email from my audiologist this evening though saying that my earmolds would be in her office tomorrow at 10:00am and she would email me as soon as she gets them to arrange for me to go in and get the aids! That is something at least! I was driving when I got the email (via my BlackBerry) and I was so excited I emailed her back right away and nearly killed myself and several other people. I am going to take that lesson and learn not to text, or email people while driving. Anyway, hopefully I will get the aids tomorrow, if not before the end of the week.

I had a bit of a rough day. I just really want my hearing aids! For most people who have a profound loss, or even severe loss, their lives stop without their aids. I am lucky enough to have the skills to get by without them. My speech reading abilities are superb and I speak quite well too. That has made this month of silence a bit better. At least I am not condemned to a life of solitude without them! I am forced to work 100 times harder to communicate though. There is only so much complaining about not having hearing aids that I can possibly subject a person to. I think this is enough for tonight. We shall see what happens tomorrow!

-Jenny

Edit: "For most people who have a profound loss, or even severe loss, their lives stop without their aids"- let me clarify by saying oral people with a profound or severe hearing loss.

No comments: